tudortalk.freeforums.org

THE UNOFFICIAL HEMEL HEMPSTEAD TOWN F.C. FORUM
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:01 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to tudortalk

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: TSC prize draw
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:47 pm 

fans, please help us out with a bit of market research...

to replace the Last Man Standing competition (and more specifically the funds it raised for the TSC), one of the ideas raised at our AGM was a monthly prize draw.

how well received would a £10 monthly draw be?

to work, we'd target a minimum 30 participants each month, with the fund split three ways between the monthly draw, the end of season draw, and the TSC. the monthly prize would be (a minimum):
1st: £50
2nd: £30
3rd: £20
with the final draw of the season (April) being a winner takes all £1000. this would also generate £100 a month towards subsidising coaches. the more the merrier of course, and if 60 people joined in then the above prizes would double.

Each ticket you buy would be valid for the month in which it's purchased, then also placed in to the end of season draw - so you've two chances per ticket and, if you buy a ticket each month, you'd then have 9 tickets in the final draw. We're not looking at an obligatory monthly payment - if you don't fancy entering one month then dont buy a ticket, but obviously we need to gauge the likelihood of having enough fans to stay interested for the duration of the season and the whole thing not fizzling out by Xmas.

£10 a month is a bigger hit than the £10 three of four times a season Last Man Standing cost, plus there's no skill involved; but to run a game in accordance with the licence we've purchased, it has to be a lottery style competition.

your thoughts...?

Report this post

Post subject: Re: TSC prize draw
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:01 pm 

Sounds like a good idea

Rob and Lee

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:00 am 

I would be up for this

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:03 am 

count me in

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:19 am 

if the 8 TSC committee members sold 4 tickets each, monthly, then we'd hit the target. I'm not applying a sense of obligation on all the committee members to take on extra burden of selling raffle tickets... just pointing out how do-able it is; for example if I bought one myself I shouldn't have much trouble selling another three.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:01 am 

new monthly prize draw starts this month - see TSC committee members for tickets* - if you think you could sell some tickets and help raise funds then get in touch with me.

details: http://hemelfans.co.uk/2016/08/08/new-m ... in-august/

*as per badge-gate, we're not supposed to be selling these tickets at VR... but I'm sure if you ask a TSC committee member nicely then he'll be able to facilitate you obtaining a ticket.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:41 pm 

Quote:
*as per badge-gate, we're not supposed to be selling these tickets at VR... but I'm sure if you ask a TSC committee member nicely then he'll be able to facilitate you obtaining a ticket.

See the big guy in the yellow jacket near the gate ...... (that's me but don't tell anyone) :lol:

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:45 pm 

what the Bog giveth in bar discounth he taketh away in ticket selling opportunitieth

Report this post