tudortalk.freeforums.org

THE UNOFFICIAL HEMEL HEMPSTEAD TOWN F.C. FORUM
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:20 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to tudortalk

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Truro 2 Hemel 1
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:53 am 

A poor game between two poor teams really we had two academy players on the pitch and Stuart Maynard was one of our subs !
I think we only had one effort on target and that was our penalty and it could have been more for Truro if not for Butler making three or four good saves.
On the plus side had decent journeys both ways and a nice stroll round Truro town centre so not all bad.Last game next week and we can look forward to a break until pre season starts.
Special mention to Jamie Butler who came and shook all the fans hands who had made the journey and thanking us for coming down so fair play to him a nice gesture on his part.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Truro 2 Hemel 1
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:50 am 

Butler is a top man and an excellent keeper.....hope he stays next season

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:03 pm 

some fans have mentioned Butler as possibly being the player the TSC sponsors next season under the "beard tax" scheme, instead of Parkesy.

or both... if we can generate more interest and raise enough funds.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:18 pm 

What an embarrassment our club looked yesterday, 7 senior squad members on the pitch of which one has been travelling for 5 months and one has been out injured for nearly 2 years. Loads of kids and one gaffer on the bench and the other gaffer on a ban.

I am glad this season is nearly done, got a lot of work to do in the summer for whoever is in charge..........

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:40 pm 

That was a great touch by Butler, and you knew he was going to do that as soon as he started walking over. Top bloke. A typical end of season slog from our lot, but some top nosh and a few beers in Newquay helped erase the memory ;-)

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:14 pm 

At the end of the game Truro celebrated like they had won the league and not just escaped the relegation dog fight, players dancing on the pitch, champagne being sprayed everywhere......wonder if we'll have the champagne on ice for next weeks game to celebrate our mid table finish....

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:45 pm 

Screeny70 wrote:
What an embarrassment our club looked yesterday, 7 senior squad members on the pitch of which one has been travelling for 5 months and one has been out injured for nearly 2 years. Loads of kids and one gaffer on the bench and the other gaffer on a ban.

I am glad this season is nearly done, got a lot of work to do in the summer for whoever is in charge..........

I agree. From what I saw on our teamsheet Truro couldn't have asked for an easier way to secure their survival. I thought it was really poor on our part and an insult to those who trekked hundreds of miles down there to watch them, not to mention making a mockery of the competitiveness of the league.

We keep being told that we're trying to consolidate/build at this level, but this is the second straight season we've shipped out half our squad before Christmas and relied on a team of loanees to limp to mid-table. Next season will be our fourth at this level - we've consolidated, what's next? There doesn't seem to be a plan.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:23 pm 

Second straight seasons we've limped to mid-table!?! We were fighting for the play offs til the last game of the season last year!

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:35 pm 

[quote="cir350"]Second straight seasons we've limped to mid-table!?! We were fighting for the play offs til the last game of the season last year!

And the season before that, after a poor opening 10 games we were our Divisions forms side for most of the season, knocking on the door of the playoffs by March, but fizzled out with (I think...) 7 points from the last 5 games to finish 9th.

2016/17 won't even be our worst Conf South season if (and it's a big IF) we win on Saturday and both St Albans and Bath lose.

I respectfully disagree with some of the other comments; of course I'd rather we were fighting until the bitter end and in with a shout of the playoffs again, but we can't keep moaning now because Robbo was sold six weeks ago. We're not in with a shout, we've got an Academy, let's give youngsters some valuable game time. Fielding an arguably weakened team against a side competing to stay up isn't our issue to worry about, the team relegated because Truro won has been **** all season - rather bring through our Academy players than do Gosport or Whitehawk a favour.

[quote="hhtfc"]Next season will be our fourth at this level - we've consolidated, what's next? There doesn't seem to be a plan.

Totally agree, 100%. If the fans expectations were being managed by the management and chairman being more open and using the club website and local media more effectively, I think fans would be a bit more upbeat despite the dip in form just as the playoffs become achievable. No one knows the clubs plans, targets, or aspirations. Was mid table the plan all along? Are transfer funds more valuable than a higher league finish? Has this season been a flop that the club aims to rectify next season - and if so, how? Likewise, if injuries forced key players out of a trip to Truro, communicating squad news to the fans in advance would likely result in less animosity about watching a second string side.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:12 pm 

Crikey thats a lot of whinging. Fans are entitled to their views, especially the small band of stalkers who go everywhere (I salute you) - but, don't you think you have become a bit addicted to end of season drama? There are five seasons to be had:
1 - The runaway champions.
2 - The playoff hunters.
3 - Mid table fodder, never really in much danger, but not setting the world alight.
4 - Nervy relegation battle.
5 - **** the bed.

Not being 4 or 5 is the number one requirement. 3 is a bit dull, but it has its moments and you get to laugh at others misfortune. 2 is great. 1. This is Hemel. Maybe twice in a lifetime.

I think everyones being a bit down on the team as after a crap start they steadied the ship. Parkes coming back was key but for me its Butler that made the difference. He's good enough for any team in the division and loves the club.

Report this post