tudortalk.freeforums.org

THE UNOFFICIAL HEMEL HEMPSTEAD TOWN F.C. FORUM
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:21 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to tudortalk

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Player of the Season, 2016/17
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:00 am 

The Tudors Supporters Club has been invited by Hemel Hempstead Town FC to run the Supporters Player Of The Year competition this season. This is open to all Tudors fans, not just TSC members; voting ends Sunday 30th April 2017 and the player with the most votes will receive a trophy at the 2016/17 Presentation Night at Vauxhall Road.

Please cast your vote on the poll; the players listed have been selected for the poll based on being the most frequent members of the current squad - https://hemelfans.co.uk/2017/04/24/play ... on-201617/

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Player of the Season, 2016/17
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:25 pm 

Seem's a shame that you can't vote for Jake Robinson.....

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:49 pm 

Have to agree, there's not a single player on there that I would say is our player of the season. Does that mean I have to abstain?

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:46 pm 

Personally I think it's between 2.

Tony Diagne has had his doughters, but his improvement over the season, coupled with playing nearly every game, ( a couple of brilliant goals too), make him a contender.

The return of Jordan Parkes completely galvanised the side and we then went on a mini run that probably saved us getting sucked into a relegation dog fight, he finished with a few vital goals too.

All a matter of opinions though.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:52 pm 

Tony for me, slow start but got better and better

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:16 pm 

A tough one, as the list includes players that have done well, but have only been in the squad a few months or have been and gone (Sheringham, Driver, Greenalgh, Greenidge). Add to that Potton (travelling for half the season), Springy and Gordon (only played last couple of months regularly due to squad cutbacks) and the choice is less than half the actual list!

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:08 pm 

Tony for me too, although don't forget Jamie Butler, we were playing a different style of football with Henley at the start of the season and I'm not sure we'd have finished as high as we have if we'd carried on for the season.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:14 pm 

I think Butler or Parkes is the easy choice to be honest, but they were known quantities and, although they've met expectations, I don't think they've exceeded them. Diagne is certainly the player that's has shown really marked improvement over the season, and defenders are normally overlooked. He's also scored a coupe of cracking goals so gets my vote.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:21 pm 

I can't in good conscience vote for a defender in a team with one of the worst defensive records in the league, and I honestly don't think a single player in that list deserves the award. I'll happily accept my award for Most Miserable ******* 2017, though.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:19 pm 

Butler. Good enough for any team in the division. In fact I think its a good thing that there are even a handful of decent contenders. People being too down on the season in my view.

Report this post