tudortalk.freeforums.org

THE UNOFFICIAL HEMEL HEMPSTEAD TOWN F.C. FORUM
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:22 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to tudortalk

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: HHTFC past, present and future
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:35 pm 

sharpcroft wrote:
.....Our last home game is 21/4/12 against Cirencester, if you have any old paper or programme articles from the same date/month could you bring them to the Oxford game and i will set about getting them scanned/photographed.

Cheers Darren

I've got a good edition of the Gazette dated April 23rd 1971, deals with the "Death Of Crabtree Lane", plus a match report of a 3-1 defeat at Epsom & Ewell which disgusted the manager, Bill McGrae.
I also have a programme for the 1961-2 seasons Herts Senior Cup Final against Hitchin Town played at Vicarage Road on 23rd April 1962.
Was going to bring them today, are these any good to you for the Cirencester programme ?

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:49 pm 

steve, I scanned most of the Hemel headlines when you loaned me your stash of old papers, i've just emailed them to you - if they're a decent enough quality it might save you having to dig out your old papers and loan them out

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:28 am 

there's a current project underway which could result in every available Hemel statistic going back to 1885 being all in one place for all to search and enjoy... it's way off completion yet as season by season results, goals, appearances, attendances, league tables etc etc are painstakingly researched and collated :banghead2 but if you think you may be able to help, this is what i'm after...

if you have old Hemel programmes pre-1980's - I could use details of the exact date, opponent and the Hemel starting line-up listed. also, if the programme notes make any reference to previous/upcoming games which may help pin down dates of them, (or maybe mention goal scorers) that'll help too. there's no rush, but if you happen to be passing an old programme and get a chance to look at it then i'd be grateful if you could PM me the details.

I have about 70 league tables that need to be inputted in to Excel or a similar Microsoft compatible spreadsheet. It's a mind numbing chore :yawn but i've already done 1885 to 1922 and 2003 onwards - if I had 7 volunteers who could each tap 10 league tables in to spreadsheet format it'd be a massive help. Depending how quick you type I estimate it would take around an hour per person. Again there's no urgency, it'd probably be this weekend before I get to my laptop again anyway. The tables are currently typed on microsoft notepad and as far as i'm aware (pending correction from computer bods among us) I cant cut/paste this in to a spreadsheet.

if you do have old programmes and access to a scanner, I could do with a scanned copy of the front cover (1 copy per year).

there may be more requests as things develop. :help

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:06 pm 

Also, if anyone has the full names of every player that's represented Hemel in the last however many years since some of you started taking records (tapper?), in electronic form, that would be fantastic. We've gone through so many players in the last three years or so that I've forgotten the first names of some of the more "transient" members of the squad.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:27 pm 

i got a pretty comprehensive up to date list of players off Terry in electronic form at the weekend, includes appearances and goals - cant remember if it includes first name or just initial but i'll check at some point over the next few days

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:00 pm 

Got these if they are any use.
Nice kit ! :D

and this

P.S. I did hand in some old (early sixties programmes) a few years ago. Apparently they were going to be framed and put up in the clubhouse. Havent seen them since :(

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:06 pm 

thanks Mitch, dont suppose that prog has a starting line up or reference to any previous/forthcoming games to help me pin down dates...?
:help

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:48 pm 

Marc...I know your most probably inundated with stuff at the moment but do you want to borrow my programmes, I'v got hundreds going back to 1949-50, I'm sure you could glean some info from them....

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:51 pm 

Sorry, the bottom pic is arse about face but I'm sure you can do something with it. ;)

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:03 pm 

steve wrote:
Marc...I know your most probably inundated with stuff at the moment but do you want to borrow my programmes, I'v got hundreds going back to 1949-50, I'm sure you could glean some info from them....

Im not actually inundated yet (pull your fingers out tudor fans!) but I am 12 years in to typing up every league game in our 127 year history at a rate of two years per day, so I've enough to crack on with. Once im complete with results the next stage will be working out dates etc so I'll gladly take up offers of programme loans then.

Unfortunately the records books i have just list results, no dates.

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next